Pop Culture and Politics Blogzine

mangologo

Follow me through many sleepless nights. . .

Friday, January 28, 2005

Whatever: Brain Parasites, It Could Happen To You!

You begin to think, if I stay clean, if I don't have unprotected sex, if I wash my hands before I eat, perhaps I will stay well, but I am hear to tell you there is something out there that could kill us all: Brain Parasites.

These tiny little creatures seem small and insignificant. Sometimes you may think about parasites when it refers to your pet or boyfriend but hardly do you ever think that you, an amazingly careful and sanitary, okay, well slightly sanitary person would ever get such a thing as brain parasites. This is something that happens to people who swim in the Amazon River or traverse through the Congo while eating wild mushrooms, but nay I say! Brain Parasites can happen to you!

As humans, some of us more filthy than others, we already run the risks of several diseases and viral infections. We take many precautions to keep from contracting and transmitting germs but still we manage to find ourselves sick with a cold or the flu. Brain Parasites are no different. These tiny creatures can live in plants, water, or even other creatures, such as your boyfriend. I was highly surprized to find most of the information on the web applied to sci-fi movies or video games, most having to do with zombies. The horrible truth is that if you get brain parasites, you will not turn into a zombie, you will die. Okay, okay, perhaps you won't die, but I mean come on, if something is eating your brain, the logical conclusion is that eventually you will have no brain left. If I were you I'd worry.

I discovered a picture of a brain that was filled with maggots where a person had gotten a tumor. Now that is a scary prospect. Did the maggots come before or after he died. My ADHD attitude would not let me read more on it. Please feel free to research for yourselves. Yuck!

I also came across this page which made me want to throw up. I am going to the doctor asap so they can check me out. You should too! This particular site is only for those with strong stomachs: Tripple Ew! Get aload of those ass pics.

Here are some symptoms if you are faced with parasites living in your brain: Here is a great article by a Cal-Tech student. It tells about where you can get these parasites from and also what the effects are. Symptoms can range from as simple as a headache or nothing at all to seizures and even death. I am telling you. If you don't get checked out, you may never know what you are faced with. I feel sick, I might just go to the emergency room tonight!

Urusai!! Mango-Chan!!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger becky j said…

    ewww,those pictures are nasty. it almost made me sick to look at them.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger becky j said…

    btw, the maggot-head guy was alive--the maggots were growing in his tumor which was exposed during a car accident.

     
  • At 4:41 AM, Blogger Starfighter Girl said…

    Mango-Chan says Yuck! Yuck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home