Pop Culture and Politics Blogzine

mangologo

Follow me through many sleepless nights. . .

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Technophile: Apple. . . Always the Innovators

After Apple released the iPod: Mini, U2 edition, Photo; the G5 tower; and the iMac G5 I thought surely they can't top this one, but they have one upped the game once again! Of course we all know about the iPod Shuffle. This little gadget is cute and cool. But if you thought the product was an end to itself, guess again. The iPod Shuffle is pretty much a bait so that you will come over to the "AppleSide" in a less costly move while tempting you to get the more expensive versions. Go Apple! I think the Shuffle is great. I have my regular iPod which I used to use all the time but these days I never go anywhere so there's no need :( I just hook up speakers to my iBook and Waa-la! I am listening to Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex's opening song. . . my new favorite song "Inner Universe" by Yoko Kanno.

iPod shuffle: Smaller than a pack of gum and much more fun.


But back to the subject at hand. The iPod Shuffle wasn't all Apple had up it's sleeve. They also put out a Mac Mini tower. It seems the best they can do with their products is make them sleeker and smaller. Of course we, the people just eat it up!! The Mac Mini tower has found it's place on my 'must have' list definitely. It is a G4 processor which is fine by me but the beauty of it is, this little computer takes up about as much space as the third Harry Potter book. If you haven't caught on by now. . . I am an Apple Geek. My only sore spot is that they don't have 'The Sims 2' out for it yet. . .but I hear talk of this coming May. I can wait :(

Apple also put out iLife '05 and the all new iWork '05. iWork is great if you publish anything. I love Pages. It is a great new desktop publishing software that was created with the grand Apple idea that 'Simple' is better. If only I had a newsletter to mail out. Hey, you guys want one?? Maybe some day. Right now I have too many better things to do.

Of course my favorite of the new Apple products is the Mini Tower because I am operating solely off a laptop these days. I wouldn't have that any other way except it's nice to have a back up! If only I hadn't quit my job there, I could still have that employee discount. If you're ever around the Pasadena store, tell 'em I said 'hi'.

Urusaii!! Mango-Chan!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home