Pop Culture and Politics Blogzine

mangologo

Follow me through many sleepless nights. . .

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Whatever: Dream Jobs

I was sitting here working on my children's book manuscript (who would buy a book from a person with a potty mouth like me) and thinking about jobs I would love to have. I put my application in at Walmart because it's a growing company and I hope to rise far there (HA!). Anyway, if that was my dream job I'd have to shoot myself. I think the best job would be to have a job in the movies. Now, don't think I mean a screen writer or a director, no, I mean a job actually as the characters in movies. Not actors either. Just to have the kind of life a Meg Ryan in you've got mail has. She owns a bookstore that is about to close yet she has the most beautiful flat on the NYC's upper west side. That is a dream job. Then, even after her store closes, she gets a book deal. For how many people does life happen like that? It's always, I'm unemployed and if I don't find a job soon I will also be homeless. But no, for Meg Ryan, life couldn't be better.

In the real world, some great jobs are quality assurance for video game companies, who wouldn't love to sit around playing games all day? I know more goes into it than that but you can't tell me it's not fun! Video game reviewers, all of those types of jobs are great.

Another great job is trophy wife! Too bad I don't have the figure. I would love to be a trophy wife. Of course I'd have to marry for money instead of love but that wouldn't be anything a healthy affair with the sexy brazilian gardener couldn't solve. Right after the wedding I'd get my tubes tied so there wouldn't be any children complicating the whole thing. I'd go to salons every week, get massages everyday, hire great chefs to take care of the cooking, hire maids to take care of the cleaning, and by the end of the day I'd be exausted but it would be a rich fullfilling life, the key word being rich.

I can't think of many other suitable jobs for me but that's because I don't have a whole lot of ambition except when it comes to being rich without having worked for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home