Pop Culture and Politics Blogzine

mangologo

Follow me through many sleepless nights. . .

Sunday, March 06, 2005

InTelevision: Reality Shows

Reality Shows have come out in full swing. I am going to talk about some interesting ones I've discovered and a few that I really love!

It seems they have a reality show for everything. Apparently the budget for these things tends to be smaller than doing something fictional. I suppose it's because you don't have to pay the actors bookoos of money. But I think that this whole thing is getting out of hand really. There are some good ones out there but producers seem to be pulling ideas out of their asses.

Last night while flipping the channel I stumbled upon "PowerGirls." It's a show about these women who are in Public Relations. It's a cool concept I suppose, for those of us who have that star struck mentality (I'm one of them), but how interesting of a subject is that? We'll see. Things seem to be going well for the show. I imagine men will watch any show that has cat fights.

I also came across AMC Project. Perhaps I didn't get the name right. Last night or in the wee hours of the morning anyway, Kung Fu black belts came from all over Hong Kong to audition for movie roles. None of them got the parts sadly, mostly based on the fact that they weren't actors as well. One 15 year old from a small village had a dream of meeting and acting with Jackie Chan and they arranged for him to meet him. He didn't get the part but he went back to his village a hero, the boy that met Jackie Chan! I thought it was an interesting show but it was really disappointing that none of them got picked for the movie. One of the women who auditioned was amazing and so graceful it was beautiful. She ended up moving to Hollywood to discover her fame.

There was even a Country Music Star show. This was scary. I couldn't imagine that this show's competition would be difficult. I should audition. Making the Band 3 got off to a horrible start as P. Diddy (he stole his name from me!) didn't like a single one of the girls that auditioned. They hinted to the fact that they would probably all be kicked off the show on the next episode so I am planning to tune in. Who knows though. It might be a scare tactic. The one girl that really could sing didn't get selected because she caught laryngitis and couldn't sing well that day. P. Diddy seemed like he wanted to just cancel the show all together.

I almost forgot! They have a funeral home reality show! This is the most insane thing I have ever heard of. That is even worse than the country music star competition. Come on!

My favorite show as always for the past 3 seasons has been "America's Next Top Model." I love it. It encourages me to be glam. Still need some help in that department anyway. But reality shows have something very interesting about them. We all want to see real people either make it or fail. We want to root for someone like Shandi from season 2 of Top Model or see someone get booted like all the people on The Apprentice!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger sin_fuegos said…

    I still say Survivor is the best-written reality show ever.

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Starfighter Girl said…

    LOL! Good one. But I just can't get enough of my America's Next Top Model. I love that show! I guess I love all the glam about it but Survivor was never REALLY my favorite thing. The game was agitating considering it wasn't based on much except the fact that people COULD vote you off and in just a game it doesn't really work.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home