Pop Culture and Politics Blogzine

mangologo

Follow me through many sleepless nights. . .

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Technophile: The Sims

EA appear to be the game innovators with their original Sims and now the Sims 2. I have one complaint. Why is there already a Sims 2 expansion pack for Windows but not a Sims 2 for Mac?? This is killing me. As badly as I want to play the Sims 2 and Sim University, I cannot afford a PC and we might have to wait until May just for the Sims 2. I should just get a friggin' PC. I am going to have to buy more RAM for my iBook if it will play on it at all (I seriously hope so). I need another 512 chip, bigger would be better though.

Today I am going to be ranting about The Sims. EA, Aspyr, and Maxis have put out several different versions of this awesome game. You could spend a fortune on their games alone! They have games out for PC and console as well as an online community. With the Original Sims you can get a job, go out on a date, start a farm, breed pets, become a star, conjure up some magic, just to name a few things. The original game was emense. You can create Sims that look like you! You can design your living room and put it right in the game. I think the thing we love about the Sims so much is that it's fully customizable. I've downloaded a mountain of add-ons. I'll include some links below for those of you dinosaurs that are still on the Sims 1 like myself in a new post. I have a skinny dipping diving board! I have shop owners that make out with each other! I have doors that keep your pets indoors! The Sims is great. I haven't really come across another game as expandable as it is. Correct me if I'm wrong.

With the Sims 2, now your Sims can grow up from a baby to a toddler and eventually get to a stage where they die. That to me is the greatest piece of this game. It's totally 3d with beatiful landscape objects and house building tools. The Sims 2 is definitely one for the history books. Now they have come out with an expansion pack for it! I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

So the Sims 2: Sim University, let's take a look at this new awesome looking game!

Pic 2

Here are a few features that EA has put out on their website:

New Young Adult Age Group:
All-new university age Sims leave home and take over campus. Now they can relish their new-found freedom by setting a new life goal.

Become the Big Sim on Campus:
Your Sims have all-new wants and fears tied to their social and academic life. Develop their ability to influence friends, classmates, and faculty.

Earn Degrees to Open Up New Careers:
Choose from 11 majors for your Sims and keep their grades on track. Secure the final degree and open up four new career paths.

New "College Town":
Now your Sims can live the ultimate college fantasy whether it's living in dorms, rushing a fraternity, or shacking up with friends in their very own pad.

College Lifestyle:
Join a band, crash parties, find a part-time job, or get initiated into a secret society, print money, and cheat on your studies. How will your Sims enjoy their college years?

Over 100 New Objects and Décor Items:
Take a fun study break with the Arcade Game or polish your skills on the Drum Kit. Hustle your pals on the Pool Table, milk the cow plant and extend your Sims life span, or take a photo with the new Camera and use it as wall-hanging.

Check out the Sims 2: University here

The Sims 2 has also brought a new feature. In addition to your family photo album you can capture movies. Some people are doing wonders with this feature:

Here are some videos about college

If there are any Sims 2 / Sim University people out there who are interested in a guest post about one of these games, please let me know. I would love to hear something on Sim University about the Majors etc. Email Mango-Chan

Links:
the Sims 2: University
Sim University Videos

Urusaii! Mango-Chan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home